The reason that rowing is so good for your body is due to the fact that it uses all of the muscles in your body. As you will learn in your rowing lessons, every muscle in your body is engaged to pull the oars. Your rowing lessons will help you to learn about:
- Properly bending forward to prepare to pull
- How to pull the oars properly so as not to injure yourself
- How to use your back, leg, shoulder, and arm muscles to pull the oars towards you
- How to release the pressure in your body after the completed row
- How to return to the original position
By taking rowing lessons as a crew, you are able to learn how you can work together with friends to row a boat at incredible speeds. It is also excellent cardiovascular exercise, and you are able to lose weight and build muscle by rowing. When it comes down to it, rowing will benefit you in every area of your life, including your health and fitness.
You can easily find rowing lessons by doing an online search. Do a search in Google and you’ll be provided with a long list of some of the best places to take rowing lessons in your area. You can also check your telephone directory to find the phone numbers of places where you can take lessons, and you should take the time to call to obtain information on the different lessons offered in each place in order to find the one that is the best for you.