pclass="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal;">Begin by appreciating your customer service employees. Caring about your employee is the first rule of thumb for business executives and managers, but sadly often overlooked. People work much better when they are appreciated for the hard work they do. Your attitude will be transferred to your employees and in turn to your customers.
The ten effective tips to improve customer service:
- To improve customer service it all begins with a positive attitude. When your attitude is cheerful and you view things positively you will have a lot better chance of helping to sooth and solve the customer’s complaint or problem.
- Put your customer’s preferences before your own.
- Get to know your customers. On the phone this is more challenging, but to improve customer service you will need to take an interest in your customer’s problem and show them you value their business.
- Be friendly and polite. When your customer vents remain steady, polite, courteous and understanding. After they’ve vented you can help to steer the conversation.
- Customers appreciate your honesty and sincerity. When they trust you they will want to do business with you again.
- Knowing your products and services well is another way to improve customer service, and makes it easier for you to resolve their issues and problems.
- When customers make a special request, comply with the best of your ability.
- Be transparent with your customers, not elusive or wishy-washy.
- Learn from your customers, they will see and notice things about your service or product that might help you improve it.
- Sincerely thanking your customers for their business will instantly improve customer service as they will know you value them.